Suggestions

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Greetings! First, I'd like to thank you for your efforts on this project. I have searched for editing tools for Space Engineers, and thus far, yours is certainly the most useful!

If I may, I would like to suggest a new feature for the Asteroid Field Generator:

It would be extremely helpful if the asteroid field generator were capable of generating random asteroids with attributes from each of the already included tables.

It appears that currently, if you wanted to generate a field of asteroids, you would need to manually choose an asteroid type, then specify materials percentages from each of the materials columns.

Presently, it appears that we can already specify a range and the newly generated asteroids already have randomized coordinates.

If the various asteroid types are held in an array with 44 values, then it should be possible to assign a random number from 1 to 44 and have it select that list item at generation.
Similarly, for each material content column, a number between 1-15, and of course random values for each material percentile adding up to 100%

At present, if I wanted to populate a randomly generated Asteroid map with 16 initial asteroids, and then use the SE Toolbox to further populate the vast empty spaces with a randomly generated asteroid field, it would be necessary to hand-pick each asteroid type, and specify each material and percentage by hand, which as you might imagine, is quite tedious.

Thank you for your time!
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM
Thank you!
Sorry for the late reply, but CodePlex did not automatically subscribe me the author!

Has the Add Random Asteroid button been sufficient?
Marked as answer by midspace on 9/11/2014 at 4:18 PM