A way to drag and select mutiple objects?

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:15 PM
What would be really helpful is if there was a way to like hold down CTRL and drag and select multiple things at once.

I use the toolbox to clean up my world about twice a day and manually clicking every dead ship increases downtime and if i mis-click it copys everything i just selected and i have twice the work.

The ability to just drag and select large amounts of things to delete would be very helpful!

But all in all GREAT program!
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Could you please be a bit more specific.

Currently, SEToolbox allow multiple selection by either holding down Shift to select a block of multiple items, or holding down Control to select multiple individual items.
Then you can simply press delete to remove the items.

Did you mean a click and drag a square highlight like this?
Just playing with Windows Explorer, it isn't very intuitive when it activates.
For it to work properly, it appears you have to start the drag process in a clear area for the Adorner to appear, otherwise it immediately thinks you are trying to drag and copy an item. This might become an irritant as I add more columns to the list.
Othertimes, you can get away with starting you drag on an unselected item, but sometimes this doesn't appear to work.

Probably the best working example in code for me to look at is this.
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/148503/Simple-Drag-Selection-in-WPF
Jul 22, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Edited Jul 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Never ceases to amaze me how in depth you go into things.

Yes that's about what i had in mind.

But i could not figure out the block selection in the documentation, i got it now, it selects all items between point A and B that you click on.
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2014 at 12:27 AM
The method for selecting multiple items is in the Copying part of documentation and was a little out of date.
I've updated it now.