Cannot start SETB after SE reinstall

Topics: Bugs, Questions/Advice
Jul 9, 2015 at 12:54 AM
I had an issue with the hard rive where my SE game files were saved so I needed to replace it and re-download the game. I had SETB installed on my C drive and it never changed. Now I cannot load it at all without getting the following error. I have reinstalled SE, verified my game Cache, Deleted my Steam Cache (appdata) and reloaded setting, and reinstalled/updated SETB. I found one thread somewhere in the nether that hinted it might be a conflict between some 32 and 64 bit processes. I don't know where to begin on that since everything possible on my PC is 64 Bit.

I appreciate any help on this issue. I run two servers publicly and having to do this remotely on a friends PC is a real pain the badonkadonk.

Zeph
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2015 at 2:26 AM
A 32 and 64 bit issue will usually come with the text "BadImage" or "System.BadImageFormatException".
You have neither of these.

You have the latest version of SEToolbox, no issue there.

I can't tell beyond that without more information. This information will come from the Event Log, so you need to attach a copy of the text from the Event Log.

Please see the following on locating and copying the Event log text.
https://setoolbox.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Reporting%20bugs&referringTitle=Documentation
Jul 10, 2015 at 7:47 PM
Ah, I never could figure out where the logs were kept. Never thought of looking in WEV.

I posted a copy of the full error HERE

Thanks!
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2015 at 11:27 PM
It does appear to be a x64 x86 conflict after all. The event log shows this.

To fix your issue:
When you start up SEToolbox, please hold down the "Shift" key.
This will open a dialog to prompt you for the location of Space Engineers.
When you browse for the location of Space Engineers, make sure you pick the "Bin64" directory if you have a Windows x64 system.
Choose the "Bin" directory if you have a Windows x86 system.
That should be all you have to do.
Marked as answer by Zepher on 7/10/2015 at 4:58 PM
Jul 10, 2015 at 11:58 PM
midspace wrote:
It does appear to be a x64 x86 conflict after all. The event log shows this.

To fix your issue:
When you start up SEToolbox, please hold down the "Shift" key.
This will open a dialog to prompt you for the location of Space Engineers.
When you browse for the location of Space Engineers, make sure you pick the "Bin64" directory if you have a Windows x64 system.
Choose the "Bin" directory if you have a Windows x86 system.
That should be all you have to do.
Well that sure did the trick. I guess when I reinstalled the game and changed drives I picked the wrong version directory.

Hey, Overall, great program and great help! Let me know if there's anything I can do sir! o7

Zeph