Enhance the toolbox by reporting what mods are needed when exporting a ship/station

Topics: Enhancement requests
Aug 22, 2015 at 12:15 AM
It would be really cool if you could spit out at text file that would contain the names/numbers of the mods needed to run a world with the exported item. I know from looking at the coded that you are looking through all the mods in the save game to compile a list in order to display modded blocks in the toolbox it would be great when exporting if that information could somehow be included with the export as a text report in a file with the same name but _MODS added to it or something like that.

Thanks,

Markam67
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2015 at 7:38 AM
Sorry I have haven't had I time to reply to this earlier, as I was sick for much of September, and I'm now finally catching up with all my all emails.

SEToolbox can run without the mods downloaded, which creates its own problems if the mod information is either not up to date, not downloaded, or in some cases corrupt.
Space Engineers is very forgiving for partially corrupt files, but SEToolbox isn't.

Additionally I would need to add a lot of checks into to determine if particular cubes, or components of cubes, or materials of components of cubes are affected in any way by particular mods.
It's very complicated. :|
Oct 7, 2015 at 6:13 PM
Thank you for your reply and I am sympathetic to the difficulty I have been looking into adding a lookup mechanism in the Server Extender to just put a name to the actual mod number assigned by steam. It would help when trying to figure out when a mod is being bad and causing problems on a DS. But it is no trivial matter.

Thanks for at least thinking about it.

Markam67
Nov 2, 2015 at 6:16 AM
I'm looking for a feature somewhat similar to this.
I'd like a way to generate a list of mods with placed blocks within a savegame. The purpose being to identify those mods I can remove without consequence to improve load times when loading anothers worlds/scenarios.