Installation Error 2330

Topics: Questions/Advice
Sep 5, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Hello,
I got an Error: "The installer has encountered an uninspected Error installing thi package... The Error code is 2330"
Is there any sollution?

rgd
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2015 at 1:02 AM
That one's consistent with disk/file damage. The first thing I'd try with that is running a disk check (chkdsk) over your C drive.

XP instructions in the following document: How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP
Windows 7 instructions in the following document: How to use CHKDSK (Check Disk)

Select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors, or use chkdsk /r (depending on which way you decide to go about doing this). You'll almost certainly have to schedule the chkdsk to run on startup. The scan should take quite a while ... if it quits after a few minutes or seconds, something's interfering with the scan.

Does the chkdsk find/repair any damage? If so, can you get an install to go through properly afterwards?
Sep 6, 2015 at 8:49 AM
Thx for this quick answer - but (sorry this is my fault)
I'm running it on an sbs 2011 64bit system with an raid5. So i don't think that it is a problem with the filesystem.
I try downloading the file twice so that this problem is also improbable.
All previous versions are running well.